Monday, January 23, 2012

Jumping The Broom Mondays - JTB is nominated for 6 NAACP Image Awards

I had no idea until people started e-mailing me.

THE HELP leads the nominations with eight.

Our film, Jumping The Broom, was nominated for six including, Outstanding Actor, Outstanding Actress, Outstanding Motion Picture, and Outstanding Writing For A Motion Picture.

The general membership (or as Hollywood folks would say, civilians) will vote and the winners will be announced on February 17th. These awards cover film, TV, books, and music.

The show will be broadcast live on NBC at 8:00 p.m. EST. I wonder if Angelina will be there. She's nominated for her directorial debut.

HERE is a complete list of nominees from The Hollywood Reporter.

9 comments:

erin said...

CONGRATS!! That's awesome. I've already watched it about 3 times (one was on a plane ride).
(Oh and I just ordered your book and can't wait to get into it)
xo

Stacy said...

That's fantastic!!! And well deserved! Congrats!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Erin - grazie and thanks for ordering my book! I hope you enjoy the read.

Stacy - thank you!

Viajera said...

Kudos and keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Paola said...

This is awesome!

Rosa said...

How wonderful!! Congratulations!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Thanks, everyone!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Grazie Monique!