Friday, January 13, 2012

Flashback Friday - LL Cool J - "Jingling Baby"

One night in St. Martin (still going through my pics), we were sitting on the veranda listening to my brother's iPod, drinking some Carib beers, and talking.

When it comes to hip-hop, I'm an old-school East Coast fan. I don't own a single Weezy song/CD and I know Rick Ross more for his rap on Kanye's "Monster" than for any of his own music. Hip-hop is a young persons game. Jay-z is definitely not the norm. Most MCs are done by their mid '30s.

My brother put "Jingling Baby" on. I haven't heard it in ages.

The video had me rolling. Look at the size of that cell phone and the ring on LL's finger! It reminds of the house parties I went to back in the late '80s/early '90s. Good times.

This song was recorded in 1989. My brother pointed out how LL was known for not cursing in his lyrics. I doubt he'd get a record deal today. What is your favorite LL Cool J (aka Ladies Love Cool James) song?

Buon weekend!

No comments: