Friday, July 08, 2011

Flashback Friday - TLC - "No Scrubs"

There were a bunch of videos in the early - mid 90's that had the same look as this video. Silver background, fish-eyed lens, etc.

It's a shame the members of TLC went through so much drama. Just as Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes was getting her life back on track, she died in a car accident during a family retreat in Honduras.

I thought of this song the other day when some random dude sitting in the passenger seat of a car tried to holla at me. His lines were weak. No scrubs! heh

Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

Rose in Cali said...

I wonder if he was in his best friend's ride, tryin' to holla at ya. Love that! I guess scrubs cross international barriers.

LOVE this song. Reminds me of my time in NYC. Thanks for posting! Buon fine settimana!

jannelle said...

What was he saying?

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you ever saw the documentary that was made on Lopez, but it was amazing. It gave you a better perspective of her in a positive way.

Ms. ATL

Odessa said...

oh my goodness, i loved this song! reminds me of high school. :)

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

rose in cali - hope you had a good one too!

jannelle - first, he asked me about clubs. It was a late Monday night, then if I wanted to go to coffee later. In between those questions he was trying to be super smooth. Didn't work. Told him I lived with my bf, so no on the coffee.

Ms. Atl - I did see. I agree.

odessa - Isn't great. I hadn't heard it in a while.