Monday, December 13, 2010

Will Silvio Berlusconi survive....again?

***update. He won by three votes. This is a very narrow margin. I have no idea what will happen now. I assume more gridlock.

There are demonstrations in the big cities all over Italy today.


Tomorrow the Prime Minister is up for a vote of confidence. It's too close to call. If one or both of the houses vote no, he might have to resign. This article from the Guardian sums things up.

This drama is bananas. I don't get it. Last week, it looked like he was going down and now, who knows?

It cracks me up how Bossi, who is known for flipping the bird during the Italian National Anthem, is all of a sudden trying to front like he's some elder statesman.

There may be some major demonstrations and protests tomorrow. If you're going to be in the Center, you might want to check the news before heading out.

Speaking of politics, why was Kate Gosselin on Sarah Palin's reality show? Are they friends? Random.

7 comments:

Gil said...

Sadly, I don't think that they will or can get rid of him.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

gil - I know. We'll see what happens today.

Diana Strinati Baur said...

He looked like he was out of Rocky Horror today sitting in the senate.

I can't believe he's not fired. (that reminds me of an ad campaign from the states - actually I'd rather have Fabio as PM).

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Diana - Ha. I wonder what Fabio is up to these days?

WineGrrl said...

Three votes. Every time I think "how can he keep the job" I am reminded of how we were "stuck" with GWB for three years....

WineGrrl said...

Oops! I meant eight years, not three!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Winegrrl - I agree. We will be paying for those eight years for a long time.