Tuesday, May 18, 2010

You've Got Mail! Girl Scouts Samoas Cookies

Imagine my surprise when I opened my mail today. Girl Scout cookies!! Thanks Dawn.

I asked my sister about them a few weeks back and was sadly informed that I had missed the season. Tears.

However, my friend Dawn, a mom of two in Montclair, New Jersey, clearly had the inside track.

The timing couldn't be more perfect as I'm dealing with some depressing work related stuff right now. This made my day.

That no one at Poste Italiane ate my cookies is shocking to me. Maybe they haven't heard of the yummy goodness that are Samoas and left my package alone. heh

I already put GS cookies season on my iCal for next year. I was a Brownie and then a Girl Scout. Cookie season was the best.

Two cookies have 150 calories. Do I care? No. I putting them in the freezer and will try to not to eat the entire box in one weekend.

10 comments:

erin said...

ha! love it...and yes, definitely eat the whole box :) :)

those are my favorite (and thin mints)!

Tiffany said...

There is nothing like a box of Girl Scout cookies to make you feel good.

Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Woohoo! Hope your work stuff clears itself out soon :)

Gil said...

Glad to hear that you got more than an empty box! We usually freeze Thin Mints and Tag-A-Longs if and when we find a Girl Scout these days. Enjoy!

Cherrye at My Bella Vita said...

I can't believe no one ate them, either! Enjoy them.

J.Doe said...

If you are worried about the calories in the cookies you can always do what WW suggests to me....put the cookies in lttle baggies to control the portions and eat from them so you don't eat the whole box. It never worked for me because I know where the whole box is and I always down it, but this suggestion might work for someone else.

Deborah said...

How could anyone eat just one cookie?

Audra said...

oh. my. god. i could go for a tagalong right now!!!!!!!!!!

Tracie P. said...

those are, without a doubt, the BEST gs cookies. love that chewy/crunchy contrast...mm

Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

oh... i'm jealous.. Samoas are my favorite cookies!