Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sweety Rome...a carrot cake almost as good as my mom's.

A few weeks ago I went to a baptism for E.'s baby. After a beautiful and moving ceremony, there was a little party with carrot cake and cupcakes for dessert.

The cake was outstanding. Moist not dry. I asked E. where she got it and she answered, "Sweety Rome."

This is a new place in the Monti area. I've heard other expats mention it. In L.A. I was surrounded by high-end cupcake places so I had to try Sweety Rome's.

The cupcakes are not supersized and they are yummy. I had the lemon one.

If you have a craving for an American type dessert, this is the place.

Sweety Rome
Via Milano, 48
06 489 13713

I could eat a couple of these. They are just right, not too sweet.


On my next visit, I'm trying that tart.


The infamous carrot cake. My mom doesn't use frosting but her cake is one of my favorites of all time. This one hit the spot.


How good do these look?

8 comments:

Jen said...

I think it's always nice to have some tastes of old home in your new home!

It would be even better if they cut back on the sugar and made these U.S. classics with more of an Italian dessert sensibility.

Moi said...

The carrot is good. Damn good.
I'd like it if they didn't do the sugary flower details. Just plain.

Jessica said...

We're obsessed with this place in the office. Love the lemon cupcakes and the carrot cake is phenomenal. They also do a nice lunch. I had a yummy cous cous with veggies.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

they do a lunch? Oh man. I have to go back.

Petulia said...

they do lunch ad brunch!!! Rob and I loved both

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

sigh..I forgot about brunch. I guess I 'have" to check it out.

glamah16 said...

Oh Roma and the food! Funny how the American trends are in pastry are catching on. I agree with Jen thpough and am partial to a more Euro pastry.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

glamah - I do find some American desserts too sweet but every so often I grave a nice piece of yellow cake with milk chocolate frosting. Yum!