Thursday, November 29, 2007

Day five and six: Ciao Milano.

I did make it to the train station despite the flood waters. I had a great time in Milan reconnecting with some friends and meeting some new friends (I know....very kumbaya).

My fantastic host (you know who you are) gave me a quick tour of Milano. I was only there for 24 hours. I almost lost my mind in 10 Corso Como. I didn't focus on the clothes but the accessories!!!! The shoes, bags, rings, and earrings were fantastic. I also liked the bath gels and other things in the "no one really needs this section." I didn't buy anything of course. Between the exchange rate and my soon to be unemployed status I had no business spending that kind of money.

Another thing that brings me great joy is food. We stopped by Peck's first floor. I could go crazy in there. It was very crowded and I noticed the prices there were not cheap.

Next stop the Duomo. Nothing I can say. Overwhelming.

We went to eat on the top floor of La Rinascente, a major department store. The floor has been recently renovated. It reminds me of the floor in Bloomingdales' flagship store where all the yummy food items are. There are several restaurants and plenty of delicious things to buy.

A shot of the Duomo from the roof patio of La Rinascente.


The Galleria Vittorio Emanuele has to be one of the nicest "malls" I have been in.


The view from my hotel room in Venice. I like the interesting external spiral stairs of a former palace.


I am still uploading photos to my Flickr page.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

l have enjoyed reading your posts and see the photos, thank you for sharing with us. So has the visit made your desire to live there stronger?

Tracie P. said...

you're in italy?!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Confessions - in a word...yes. Still processing my tripo.

Tracie B. - where the heck are you?! Yes I was there just for a week. I'll shoot you an email later today. Got to get to work.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

That should be the word "trip".

gibber said...

your pix aren't showing on my puter :(

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

gibber - really? check back later. they are up as I write this to you.

Texas Espresso said...

nice pics! aww I miss Venice

Jen said...

I saw your flickr album - the pictures are wonderful. Sigh. You'll have all that to look forward to soon.

BTW... your blog pics didn't show up for me, either - but I could see them on Flickr