Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's a Wrap.

Today was the last day of shooting. We were in the middle of a farm. Very beautiful.

Last night we had the official Toronto wrap party. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I had two pints of beer, which was a pint and a half too many. My boss kept walking over to our table because we (five women) were somewhat loud with our laughter and he wanted to know what was so funny. One of our most innocent looking and classy co-workers was telling us some of her dating stories. All I have to say is...there are some freaky men out there. Haha

We got into a heavy conversation about religion, spirituality, and relationships. Several members of the cast and crew were playing poker. I stayed away from the table. There is no need for me to lose money. FH man did okay and I enjoyed the walk home.

After the last shot today, everyone was hugging each other and saying good-bye. This has been one of the nicest and hard-working crews I have worked with. One of my co-workers heard me mention the new John Grisham book PLAYING FOR PIZZA. Of course I have to read it because it is yet another book about an American expat in Italy. When I went back to set yesterday, she had bought it for me as a gift. What a nice surprise.

8 comments:

Texas Espresso said...

awww Im glad the wrap party was fun at least. dating stories are always good for some loud laughing.

How did you end things with FH? You know we are dying to know about that =) Thanks for mentioning the book - I hadn't heard of it, now I'm going to look for it!

Anonymous said...

tracey k/ohio: it sounds fun and sentimental at the same time knowing this is the end of this project. My heart almost broke when you said FH is going to the middle east - damn! Like your 2 souls met at this time & place, then are moving on. Heavy sigh... change is good & inevitable, but sometimes it sucks..... (LOL!)

Anonymous said...

l get the feeling that this has been a really great experience for you and a huge leap in the right direction. What a blessing to work with such people. Just look at what you created for yourself :)Well done!

Paula Puryear Martin said...

I'm so happy you had such a wonderful time and sort of sad to see it end, but just means the next adventure will have to be as good or better.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

texas - it was so fun. re: FH man, I just posted about that today.

tracey - you are so right. Change is good but damn what timing. However, I think I met him for a reason.

confessions - It has been a great experience.

paula - I sure hope so.

ladonnadifilicudi said...

Allora! Hai fatto molto bene! Sono molto felice per la tua avventura a Toronto. Sono sicura che le prossime saranno dopo ti trasfirai a Roma. :-) Beata te! Penso che ora tu sappia che c'e` la possibilita`per aprire il tuo cuore. Ciao bella amica mia.!! Non vedo l'ora di rivederti. Ti abbraccio forte!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

ladonna - grazie mille!! ci vediamo presto.

Jen said...

It sounds like it was a really great shoot. I'm glad it was fun! And if you need some distraction in your sad time, come on over to my blog and see if you want to join our writing game... very low pressure, but fun!