Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Finally, back in Toronto.

We were shooting in Hamilton last week. So was the HULK, which seems to be following us everywhere. Their movie has a massive budget compared to ours. One of our crew members joked that he saw a producer of the HULK driving around Toronto throwing cash out the window.

Hamilton is a steel town and very, um interesting. One night FH man and I went to dinner and bumped into a bunch of the crew. We ended up eating with half the camera dept. which was fun. One person said to me "Can you get crafty (craft services) a new blender? We need our protein shakes in the morning. You're powerful right, can you take of it?" ha.

FH did walk me back to me hotel (what a gentleman). I am salty at him today however, because I don't get what the hell is going on. Long story. We'll see what happens this week.

I took some photos using natural light. I turned off the flash and increased the ISO (our set decorator has the same camera and showed me how to do it).

Sunrise over a steel mill. The smoke and flames remind me of MAD MAX.



Lights, camera, action. We wanted to make this shot look like a rainy day in Halifax. We had a rain machine and a camera on a crane.



Creepy. This is in an old glass factory. We had to wear masks for two days. I cannot imagine working in a place like this. All the controls boards were in English and Portuguese because of the large number of immigrants who worked there.

7 comments:

Giulia said...

Ohhhh, that first photo is beautiful! What on earth is ISO and where can I find it on my camera. I try to take lots of night photos, but they all turn out looking like crap! Oh and, can you please give me the make/model and license plate# of the man throwing money out of his car window?! ;)

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Guilia - Grazie,

Here is some info on ISO. It measures how much light comes into the camera. I think you have a Canon right? Go to you menu button and you will see the ISO. It's probably on Auto. Take it off auto and you can make it higher or lower.

Anonymous said...

tracey k/ohio: Your job is awesome.

Giulia said...

No Canon. I have a Kodak. But I will definitely read up on it. Thanks for the link!

Jen said...

I love the glass factory photo because it does look so creepy. Interesting shots all around.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

tracey k - it's too bad I will have to leave it.

giulia - you are welcome.

jen - thank you. Some of the other ones were so grainy. I need to update my flikr page.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

that should be were NOT so grainy.