Sunday, July 01, 2007

Writing, watermelon granita and Giada in Capri

So these things might not seem to have anything in common. Well, they were the highlights of my very non-social weekend.

I had a very productive and fun time writing Friday, yesterday, and this morning. I took a break early afternoon yesterday to make the recipe, Sara posted here. It was delicious, perfect for a hot weekend.

Rose mentioned Giada De Laurentiis did a special on Capri. I saw her Santorini one and just happened to catch the Capri one. Sigh. I hear it's better to go during off season. I have to get there some day. The food, the views, the ruins, wow.

I can't believe today is July 1. My siblings are going to visit our parents in St. Martin later this month. I can't go because everything is on hold until I find out what is going on with the movie.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday I also saw Giada in Capri. Capri looks so beautiful. I would love to go there. Of course Giada said that you get better views from the sea so I'll just have to fire up my 60 foot yacht and go. Heh heh I wish.

Kathy said...

I tivo-ed Giada yesterday. I don't know if I can bear to watch it just yet, since I was there only a couple weeks ago. Perhaps I'll save it for this winter!

Anonymous said...

Hey now, that sounds like a nice relaxing weekend to me. ;)

July 1st. Yikes! I hate this time flying by when I'm not looking thing.

Wishing you the best of luck with the NO! strike thing.

gibber said...

I tivo'd Giada's Capri and her Sonoma trip. Capri looked SOOOO nice. Damn that Giada. Her and her boobs get to go to so many places. :)

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

j. doe- you and I both.

kathy - I don't have tivo, so I hope they rerun it.

rose - thanks. I hope we cast our co-star soon. I can't believe 2007 is half over. :(

gibber - why are you so obessed with girlfriend's boobs! :)

gibber said...

because she insists on showing them all the time. and they're pretty nice.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

lol

modelbehavior said...

Ciao! I've been enjoying your blog. If you wanna virtually experience Capri check out my saga about the island.

http://modelbehaviorny.blogspot.com/2007/05/happiest-place-on-earth-part-i.html

Enjoy! -- mb

modelbehavior said...

PS Giada is AMAZING and maybe the most telegenic woman on the planet

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

model behavior - thanks for stopping by. Your Capri posts were hilarious. One of my friends went last year and also had the time of her life.

yes, Giada is very telegenic and a very good cook.