Sunday, July 29, 2007

My first blog award!


Grazie mille, Avery.

She has nominated me for a schmooze award. No, this has nothing to do with Hollywood. So what is the schmooze award?

It goes to bloggers "who effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship."

I am touched to receive such an honor and appreciate all the people who stop by. Now I get to pick five fellow bloggers. I assume I can't pick the Blogger who nomimated me...but check out Avery's La Dolce Vita blog.

Yes, there is a theme. In no particular order:

1) Shelley in Rome gives interesting insight into my favorite city, complete with photos. She also has a great way of communicating. You feel like you are sitting outside in Piazza Navona sharing a gelato and catching up.

2) Sara's blog was one of the first I started reading. Amazing photography and a fun blog esp. if you love food and to travel. I love seeing Milan and other places through her eyes.

3) Michelle's Bleeding Espresso, is probably one of the more interactive blogs. She, like Sara, also posts recipes. Her POV of living in a small villiage is very interesting and entertaining.

4) Giulia's From Head to Boot is a newer blog for me. This fellow Jersey Girl is hilarious and look forward to seeing what she and her family are up to.

5) Okay, technically they are not expats yet, but Chris and Erin,The Olive Notes, will be in Florence shortly. They also take great photos and their positivity is infectous. I can't wait to hear about their adventures in Italy.


I was also going to give a shout out to Jess in St. Maarten but she already had "blog homework" to do. ha.


Here are the directions to participate:

1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that have schmoozed you into submission.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the award.
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Power of Schmooze Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratualtions on your schmooze award! I always check out your links when I want to read something new - or Italian!

erin said...

Congrats to you...I probably would have schmoozed you too if you hadn't schmoozed me first!

GRAZIE MILLE! I'm very flattered :) I can't wait to participate and schmooze someone else (I don't think I've ever typed that so much in my life)...and I look forward to giving more blog posts when we finally move!

Giulia said...

Awww, thanks, I'm flattered too. *blushing* I'm happy to entertain in whatever way possible. :)

Just to give you a heads up though, I am terrible at responding to these meme thing-a-ma-jiggies. But, this one seems simple so I will try to get to it as soon as possible. :)

Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

Mille grazie, NYC! How fun! I'm glad that blogging was what brought us together to form a friendship off the Internet. And can't wait til you move over to this side of the Atlantic.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Jess - Thank you. I wished I could have been at Scavenger's Beach Bar the other day with you and my sister.

Chris & Erin - thanks and you are welcome.

Giulia - I completely understand...no pressure. :)

Shelley - prego. I feel the same way!

modelbehavior said...

Congrats! Schmoozing is no easy feat.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

model behavior - thank you!!

gibber said...

yeah ragazza, you missed a good time! guana is as beautiful as you remember it. and jess and i hung out the next day - she came by casa mom and pop. (thanks again jess for a great afternoon!) Ahhh, the internets...bringing people together :)

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Congrats and thank you much; we're all so schmoozy aren't we? Better than floozy, I suppose ;)

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

gibber - molto gelosa.

sognatrice - yes...much better than floozy.