Thursday, July 05, 2007

Finito!

With the latest draft of zee book. I am going to use the next few days to clean up typos and then send it off to my editor.

Yesterday was a great writing day. The gym didn't open until 7:00 a.m. (holiday hours) so I went on a walk instead. I wrote from 7:30-12:30 broke for lunch, then 1:30 to 4:30. It was fantastic to have a full day to do my thing.

I am feeling a little sluggish, one it's crazy hot and two I didn't go to the gym a couple of days last week. I felt like I was in a writing groove so I would get up at 4:30 a.m., skip the gym and get 4 hours of writing done before going to the office.

It will take a few weeks to receive notes on this draft so I will have time to work out again.

Had the weirdest dream last night. I was waiting in line at the post office...in Rome. I don't remember if I was speaking Italian in the dream. Not sure what I was doing there.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

T.K. in Ohio here: Well of course you were speaking the language in your dream!!! And why wouldn't you be? You were living in your beloved land and you were @ the post office shipping your
'finito' copy of your book back over here to the States to your editor! Why else would one be at the post office in Rome??? (LOL!!!!!!!)

Delina said...

Gyms here open about 9-10am. Can you believe it? My sister (London) goes to the gym before work, but here there's no doing that unless you're on a late shift.

Kathy said...

Congrats on completing the latest draft of your book!

I've been forcing myself to go to the gym, but tonight I'm not sure - it was 108 degrees last I checked.

Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

I seriously hope you weren't at the Trastevere post office near Piazza Belli. That place is a nightmare! Well, really, let's be honest here, what Italian post office isn't? I hope you didn't wake up in a cold sweat.

Next time I hope you dream about big bowls of pasta, yummy gelato and sexy Italian men. ;-) Much better, no?

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

t.k. - that is a very good point. :)

delina - When I move to Rome, I am going to have to run outside instead. I heard the gyms open "late" there as well.

kathy - thanks. omg...it was that hot where your are? that is crazy.

shelley - ha. I guess I should have said it was a nightmare. re: pasta, gelato and men, those are a few of my favorite things. :)

Liane Spicer said...

Ha. Confirmation. Suspected you were a writer. 'Cause of where you were hanging out, of course.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

wordtryst - I will miss her blog. Some of the comments were priceless.

Anonymous said...

Post offices in Rome are perfect!
Lao from Italy, defending the country's dignity.. ;-)

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

lao - LOL. I have never been in a post of in Rome so I will have to take your word for it.

Thanks for stopping by.