Monday, July 16, 2007

Weird Godzilla dream thanks to my non-relaxing weekend


Back in the day, WABC the local NYC station used to show movies before the local news. This was pre-Oprah, Sally, and other syndicated shows. My younger brother and I loved "Godzilla Week". My favorite battles were with Mothra and anything featuring the son of Godzilla, Godzuki. Ask any person of a certain age from the Tri-State (New York, New Jersey, Conn.) about little Godzilla and they will do the impression including upper body movements.

Given this "history" with Godzilla I don't find him scary (the same cannot be said for that horrible remake a few years ago). Imagine my surprise when I had a crazy nightmare last night. I dreamt I was running from him and found shelter in a basement. My mom was there talking on a cellphone. I was worried because the monster could detect the signal and find us. She turned it off. I don't remember who the other person there was. The three of us heard the monster stomp past us. After a while thinking the coast was clear, we stepped outside to investigate. Another monster was coming right at us. He had a head shaped like a rack of lamb. I was freaked the $%*@ out and we started running.

That is all I remember and I had a hard time getting back to sleep.

I was trying to have a restful weekend, when I had a conversation yesterday with one of the other producers regarding some recent movie drama. Ugh!!! Tomorrow is not going to be a fun day.

I drove out to Malibu this morning. If I was going to read scripts all day might as well do it some place nice. I went to Zuma beach. It's the first time I've been to the beach in L.A. this year. The sand was kind of dirty, which reminded me why I usually drove a few more miles north. The drive on PCH was very pretty.

I have some Chianti wine left over from last night's dinner. I am going to try a new grilled chicken recipe later and I bought some apple pie for dessert. Hopefully a good meal will help me sleep better tonight.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I don't even want to consider what a monster with a rack of lamb head might mean!

Enjoy your Chianti and apple pie, and hopefully you will get a good night's sleep tonight!

Giulia said...

Godzilla is already one ugly looking MO-FO. I can only imagine what it would look like with a head in the shape of a rack of lamb. Hmmm, did you go to bed hungry? LOL

Anonymous said...

Scary dream...but do you remember the twin ladies who sang the Mothra song? :D My brother and I watched all those flicks, too!

gibber said...

LOL! Well, my nightmare consisted of this: someone stole my tomato plants RIGHT OUT OF MY GARDEN. Just as they were turning red. Ripped them out, roots and all! I was crying so much.

Let me tell you. If that happened for real, I'd be PISSED!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

kathy - it was the most bizarre looking thing. LOL.

giulia - yes he very unattractive. I had pasta for dinner I have no idea why I would be dreaming about a freaking rack of lamb. :)

rose in cali - yes, I totally remember those twin ladies. Haha.

gibber - I hope that doesn't happen. I know how you feel about your tomatoes. :O