Friday, June 22, 2007

Los Angeles Film Festival

Last night was the opening night of the festival. The fantastic movie TALK TO ME premiered (semi-full disclosure, some friends of mine worked on the movie). The event was in Westwood with the after-party on a sectioned off street.

I went with my co-workers. We had a drink and some appetizers before the movie, which was a great way to kick off the evening (haha). I saw some of my favorite people and met the very talented Chiwetel Ejiofor. Sognatrice's man, Andy Garcia was there, he introduced the movie.


Speaking of movies, I'm looking forward to seeing BROKEN ENGLISH, a small indie movie written and directed by Zoe Cassavetes. Parker Posey plays a late 30s something single woman who meets a Frenchman. I read Ms. Cassavetes is engaged to a Frenchman. One of my friends saw this movie at Sundance and said it was great.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

5 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

*swoooooon*

Sono molto gelosa :)

Anonymous said...

Tracey K. in Ohio here: YUM-O @ andy garcia! Not to horn in on anyone else's man (LOL!) I saw a beautiful ad in the back of a magazine advertising Cadillac Escalade with Mr. Garcia doing the driving. He was leaning out the window looking in the sideview mirror. I started to rip it out, but didn't think the library would've appreciated that!

I've heard good reviews re: Talk to Me. Nice way to preview it @ a Westwood street party. Oh - your life is SO DANG BORING.....(LOL!) Have good, safe weekends everyone!!!

Anonymous said...

I just saw the previews for Broken English, definitely want to see that movie.

Did you happen see Once? We wound up buying the soundtrack.

Anonymous said...

fyi: Travel Channel has a show 'Giada in Paradise' tonight's episode focused on Capri. (sigh) ;)

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

sognatrice - LOL

T.k. - you better ease up on Mr. Garcia. :)

rose - I haven't seen ONCE but I have heard good things. I saw a Giada special on the Food Network, she was in Santorini. Very bella.