Friday, May 04, 2007

Mestolando, Chocolate and Zucchini

First thanks to everyone who sent in their favorite music memories.

I first read about Mestolando,HERE , on Chris and Erins's blog HERE. I can't wait to try some of these recipes. The site is run by Claudia and Brian. Claudia is a native Florentine who lived in the U.S. for five years. Brian is an expat living in Florence.

Another recent blog discovery is Chocolate and Zucchini,HERE . I heard about it when reading about upcoming cookbooks. I swear I wasn't going to buy any more this year but I might have to get this one next week. Clotilde Dusoulier is a 27 year-old Parisian woman who lives in Montmartre. She lived in the Bay Area after college and moved back to Paris a few years ago.

Buon appetito.

4 comments:

erin said...

we heart Mestolando! The Pizzoccheri pasta worked well when we made it...but alas, we screwed up the Ravioli Nudi which I was so excited about :(

We went to scoop the ravioli out of the boiling water and every bit of it broke up and became a watery soup mess.

Delina said...

Nice sites. Although I enjoy cooking, I'm not much of a recipe follower. I like to watch others cook then do it myself or just invent things.

Cherrye said...

I am like Delina...I like to watch others cook, and then EAT what they cook!! I need to work on that!

I'll check out the recipes, though.

BTW, I tagged you today on my blog...it is an easy meme, I hope you'll do it!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

chris and erin - it is a great website. one day I am going to try and make some ravioli.

delina - I like to watch cooking shows/other people cook as well. I am getting better at cooking from scratch but I love cookbooks. Not just to try new recipes but the pics, layout etc.

cherrye - I saw your tag and did the meme. Molto facile. grazie.