Thursday, September 28, 2006

Project Runway and the art of not writing.

I am looking forward to the runway show. These four designers could not be more different. Ulie (sp) is lucky she won last night or she would have been sent home. I didn't think it was cool for her to choose Michael's model but the blue dress did look great on her.

Feeling very anxious. I haven't worked on my novel in a week. Things are very hectic at work. We are getting ready to pitch a couple of projects and post-Toronto have been receiving more material from agents. I'm still trying to get over this cold, so my whole routine is off. I'm not working out and I have been waking up at 7:00 a.m. instead of 5:00 a.m.

This weekend I will get back in it. I have a pile of post-its, loose leaf paper and buck slips with random notes, lines of dialogue, quotes etc. on them. When I am driving, at the gym, in the shower or at work and I think of something for my book I write it down. I hate when I think of something right before I go to sleep and forget about it the next morning. I usually re-write the items in the composition book I am using for this novel. I will do that tomorrow.

Stopped by Williams-Sonoma in Beverly Hills after a lunch meeting yesterday. I love that store. I want the Kitchen-Aid mixer, several different cookbooks and they sell this pasta brand I bought in Italy. I'm on a strict budget so all I bought was some dish detergent.

To help me get back into the proper head space, I am going to make pizza this weekend. The dough I will buy from Trader Joe's but the sauce I will make from scratch. It's pretty simple. I will also make some bellini, look at my photos from my Rome/Positano trips, play some music, watch a movie or two and hopefully I will feel inspired to put pen to paper (or fingers to computer).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey NYC, how are you?

What kind of job do you have? Sounds very interesting. Also, what type of novel are you writing? Good luck with it. I started writing my first Regency Romance, but it's been put on hold. Procrastinating is my downfall.

And I watched Project Runway. Olympus Fashion Week already took place, though, didn't it? I wonder which designer won.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get back in your routine. You seem very disciplined to me. I envy that :). Take care.

Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

Too bad I'm in Italy and you're in LA....my Kitchen Aid is sitting in my garage and will never be brought over here...I would sell it cheap cheap if there was some way it could get to you (folks in South Bay area)!!! Williams Sonoma is a guilty pleasure I have from my mom.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Hello Franca. I am an exec at a production company in Hollyweird.

I have written scripts before but this is my first novel. I am have no idea what the hell I'm doing. But I love the characters and the story (they put me in a joyous place, unlike my life at this moment). It's fiction set mostly in Rome.

Sara, there is nothing to feel guilty about. Williams Sonoma is a wonderful place. :)

gibber said...

If I won the lotto, Williams Sonoma might be the first place I shop.