Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My loud neighbor needs to stop

So last night after months of listening to my neighbor yell at her kid, I banged on on the bedroom wall. It was 1:00 a.m. and once again her daughter was crying or whining about something. I haven't had a solid nights sleep in weeks. My neighbor seems very impatient and with her harsh accent, I really feel for her kid. Her daughter is very cute, around 3 or 4 and her mom is constantly telling her to "shut up."

I'm sorry this is not okay. You do not tell a little girl to "shut up" because you are trying to get to work and if you don't work she can't eat. WTF?

When I banged on the wall, the mom, who is nice to all her neighbors banged back. My sister is ten years younger than me and I don't remember her waking up every single night when she was a toddler. When she did wake up in the middle of the night, my parents would check to see if anything was wrong, not scream "shut up" or "stop" at the top of their lungs.

My neighbor moved in a few months ago by herself, then her daughter joined her. The little girl doesn't seem happy. Her mom says things like "shut up, you live here now." I know it can be stressful and challenging being a parent. I'm sure as a single parent it's more difficult. However, she chose to have a child and shouldn't take out her frustration, anger, whatever on an innocent child.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Poor child, I really hate to hear things like this. It's not the child's fault!

Anonymous said...

like i've been saying for years..................anyone can make a baby, but it takes a special person to be a parent.

corinna