Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A blue World Cup? Hair today.

Forza italia! What a game. France has beaten Portugal several times so we might be looking at a les bleus vs i azzurri World Cup.

After spending $110 on Friday to have my hair pressed and trimmed, I washed it today and went back to my natural. It was the first time in over nine years I had straight hair. I used to relax my hair and did not want to go back to using chemicals so I decided to try a press. I was so sick of my hair.

I'm glad I tried something new but now I know it is completely impratical. One, the idea of avoiding water, humidity and sweating (no more working out) falls under life is too short. I was walking back from Gelsons and freaked out when some sprinklers came on. Two, I cannot spend that kind of money every 2 weeks. Three, by the second day my style looked boring, like newscaster's hair. If my dating chances in L.A. are staying the same (meaning non existent) by having a natural, so be it. Not damaging my hair for shallow brothers.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I am so excited to watch the World Cup this Sunday! Of course, it won't compare to actually being at a bar in Italy watching it, but still...

And you are right on about the shallow men. You wear your hair as you damn well please!