Friday, June 09, 2006

GOOOOOOOOOAL!!

So no one I know here, besides my Italian professor, seems to care that the greatest sporting event in the world started today.

In New York there are a bunch of places you can watch the game. Depending on the team, watching the game can turn into one big block party.

The New York Times has a great World Cup blog.

There are a couple popular British pubs in Santa Monica but I'm not rooting for that team.

Okay back to work. I am so over this June gloom weather. Where is the bloodly sun? Is this not Southern California?

2 comments:

gibber said...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL. or as the short-winded univision sportscaster says, GOL, GOL, GOL, GOL, GOL, GOl, GOL

Awesome. I have the game on in my office. What a great opening match. It was the highest scoring opening match in world cup history.

THere are lots of soccer fans at my office. That makes me happy. Why don't Americans get this sport? I have my theories on that...

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

I don't know why. Too low scoring...too foriegn, people think it's boring?

This italian woman said to me the beauty of soccer is like sex. It's all about the build up then gooooooal!

For us it's the opposite. Whenever it's a low scoring football, basbetball or baseball game everyone complains. Defense gets no respect.