Friday, March 24, 2006

Finally Spring is here, birthday wishes

This has been the coldest March in SoCal since 1922. I have clearly become "soft" since moving out west. How the hell did I survive winters in college? My first sememter freshman year at Syracuse, I couldn't believe all the "lake effect" snow. After a while I got used to it. Now when it's 55 degrees I'm freezing.

Yesterday it was 75 degrees, a perfect day. At night you could smell the jasmine. I think I will go on a hike tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow is my sister's birthday, my brother's was on Monday, Dad's on Wednesday. Happy Birthday! I spoke to my parents who were going out to dinner at Lee's on the Dutch side to celebrate. I didn't get to go during Christmas but I hear the lobster there is amazing.

March and August were very fun months in our household. My Mom's birthday and anniversary are during the first week of August and my birthday is later in the month. I miss my family.

Okay off to get my haircut. I hope my stylist will be on time. Is that too much to ask? Why is she always late then blames it on traffic? She is a New Yorker but has been living here for a couple of years. She knows traffic here is bananas, plan accordingly. I'm bringing two scripts to read just in case. At least I can get some work done while I wait.

4 comments:

gibber said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I miss our trips to Red Lobster. Yes, it's fast food seafood, but those cheese biscuits are worth the trip :) Ahhh, memories.

So, my inlaws are TAKING OVER my birthday weekend. My husband hasn't mentioned by birthday once - I wonder if he remembers that it's tomorrow? But my co-workers were sweet. Jen made me cupcakes, and Jay gave me yellow roses (my favorite).

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

LOL. As a kid you were obsessed with that place. You know it's Flavor Flav's favorite place right? :)

I'm sure he didn't forget. He probably has a nice suprise lined up.

Tracie P. said...

happy birthday arlene's family!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

my family thanks you Tracie B!